The problem with having big brothers is …

…you definitely pick up bad habits sooner than you should!

I have talked about A a lot on this blog.  For all intent and purposes, she appears to be a very sweet little three year old girl with a penchant for all things pink and sparkly.  But do not be fooled.  Beneath that very sweet and feminine exterior lies a right little madam and she sure does pack a punch.

Her latest antics have almost definitely been influenced by her brothers as she has suddenly decided that it is ok to punch anyone who dares to get in between her and her own way, has a tendency to throw things in frustration and her choice of language has certainly taken a turn for the worse.

Her current phrases ‘du jour’ are ‘shut up’, ‘pooh head’ and adding the word ‘blooming’ (but pronounced blummin) into as many random sentences as possible. I have tried to explain to her that they are not the sort of thing that a lovely young lady should be saying, but you know how kids are, this seems to make her all the more determined to use them.

We have had a few slightly embarrassing moments out and about, where she has shouted ‘shut up’ to us or her brothers or called one of us a ‘pooh head’. These things always seem to happen when there are lots of people around and she never ever does it quietly.

But today was the best one of all. I had to take A to the hospital for a check up about her breathing and as we went into the room, there were three people in the room and she completely panicked. She is very rarely shy, but she decided today that she was going to bury her face in my chest and no amount of cajoling was going to make her change her mind. The nurse was really lovely and said to me that she imagined that A was a very pretty and lovely little girl. To this, A suddenly turned around, surveyed the three people in the room and said ” You are a smelly pooh head’. She then buried her head in my chest again until we left the room.

What a lovely girl.

Wot So Funee?

1. Haha.. did you feel like burying your head too? They really do their very best to embarrass you no matter how old. A does however look like butter wouldn’t melt..

2. Haha! You never know what they are going to say next! My four year old has also picked up far too many habits from her big brother! :-)

3. My 3 kept saying, blummin, after watching Raymond Briggs Father Christmas. It got to be very annoying!

4. Hehe great!! So relieved it’s not just me dealing with a little girl who turns around and thumps before asking questions and a toddler telling everyone to shup ut!
    xx

5. This made me literally laugh out!!! I just love it!!! I have two older boys & one younger one and yep I know EXACTLY where you are coming from!Way to go A :-)

6. I bet that was a surprise to them in contrast to her being all shy and hiding the rest of the time. My boys tend to sometimes be a bit too honest when they perhaps shouldn’t be in public and that ends up being a bit embarrassing. like telling me not to talk to strangers and dragging me away from sweet old ladies who have stopped to comment how lovely my children are. I’m sure they soon change their minds once my kids open their mouths to speak! x

7. Oh god! She sounds just like the Bug right now. He is constantly angry about everything and talks about poo-heads all the time! Bet they laughed though. They must be used to it…

8. Hehehe, she’s so cute with her feistiness. Love it. My boy has just taught his little sister how to say ‘poo poo head’. Lucky for now she is just repeating parrot-style and not using it in any context. I reckon I have a few months grace before she is calling the cashier at Sainsburys a poo-poo-head :)

9. That’s hilarious! Probably not for you at the time though!