Living Arrows Week Two

Living Arrows Week Two

Back to school has been the focus of the last week.  Back to early mornings, back to homework, back to tired children in the evenings.  There has been lots of concentration and the two youngest started new things; L had his first guitar lesson which has left him completely inspired and can be found strumming the guitar in every spare moment.  Always with his tongue sticking out which makes me laugh as he always does that when he is concentrating.

learning the guitar

learning the guitar

A has been patiently waiting for her piano lessons to start.  She loved listening to both of her older brothers play and would sit tinkling away on her own, more recently singing the words to Let it go as she tinkled.  When she started school, we told her that she needed a term to settle in to school but the piano lesson topic has come up a great deal.  This week, she was so excited and came home with her piano book and a big smile and couldn’t wait to tell me all about what she had learnt.

Learning the piano

learning the piano

There hasn’t bee anything new on the agenda for my lovely ten, soon to be eleven year old but he has been reunited with his precious Minecraft after a month of enforced separation.  When Minecraft is on, this face is not for turning.

addicted to Minecraft

Living Arrows
Share:

1. January 12, 2015 / 8:43 am

This looks like my musical bunch. So good to encourage that and to have lessons. I wish I had learned properly when I was young which I why I like ours to have that. I ended up with music as a career but had to self-teach and now spending on lessons to hone my craft. I love all these photos and how varied your BEAUTIFUL children are x #livingarrows
    Alexandra @dontcallmestepmummy recently posted…Silent Sunday {2015} #2My Profile

2. January 12, 2015 / 1:02 pm

What lovely pictures. Your daughter is a girl after my own heart, all I loved at that age was playing the piano and I still play to this day! x
    Amy recently posted…Living arrows and the 52 project 2/52My Profile

3. January 12, 2015 / 8:41 pm

How wonderful to have such a musical family! I love the look of concentration on your son’s face. 🙂 These are all such lovely photos. Vx #livingarrows

January 18, 2015 / 8:33 pm

Thank you so much, they do all seem quite musical which I love.

4. January 12, 2015 / 9:23 pm

Love the concentration faces. Hope your daughter enjoys the piano – I can’t wait until mine are old enough for lessons.
    Lauren recently posted…Living Arrows 2/52My Profile

5. January 13, 2015 / 6:46 am

Love that your kids have started music lessons. We were talking recently about our whole family taking up piano. My husband and I have never been musical, but we both feel we’ve missed out.
    That’s a typical Minecraft face! A whole month without it is very impressive. We’re still battling with the screen time issue here.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Music and secondary school boysMy Profile

January 18, 2015 / 8:33 pm

I think that the screen time debate will rage for many years but yes he was banned and interestingly after a while, he did stop moaning. You so should learn the piano, it is such a wonderful instrument. I can play one handed as I can read music but I would absolutely love to learn to play properly.

January 18, 2015 / 8:27 pm

Thank you, I was pleased that I was able to get all of them in deep concentration

6. January 14, 2015 / 6:27 pm

I love it when my son is concentrating as well and he does this same act!

Lovely photos and #livingarrows moments captured here =)
    Merlinda recently posted…Black & White ReflectionMy Profile

January 18, 2015 / 8:26 pm

The tongue sticking out while concentrating is quite common I think, it always makes me laugh

7. January 17, 2015 / 9:08 pm

I love the concentration on their faces, brilliant captures. It is the same in our house when Minecraft is on as well!

January 18, 2015 / 8:24 pm

Thank you and yes the ‘Minecraft effect’ does seem to be quite common