Mrs Hinch didn’t make me do it but she helped

Mrs Hinch didn’t make me do it but she helped

Have you heard of Mrs Hinch? I saw Mrs Hinch on This Morning a few weeks ago and thought she had some good ideas.  Then a couple of days later, I had a coffee with a friend who asked me if I had heard of Mrs Hinch?  I was able to answer that I had but she then raved about how amazing she was. I couldn’t resist going home and having a proper look for myself.

If you haven’t heard of Mrs Hinch, she is very popular on Instagram. She has an incredible system of cleaning called ‘Hinching’ and her army of fans call themselves ‘Hinchers’. I would like to say that she is a cleaning obsessive, she does seem to love it and she cleans places around her house that I would never have even thought about. She regularly gives people glimpses of her house and it looks immaculate which makes me very jealous as immaculate is never a word I would use to describe my house.

I have a hate, hate relationship with cleaning. When I had more time, I cleaned the house regularly and quite thoroughly.  Over the years, as I had more children and less time, the hours spent cleaning reduced. I do clean, I make sure that the main areas are clean and I do give the bedrooms a thorough clean every week as my son has a dust mite allergy. But I am well aware that I could do more.

Watching the Mrs Hinch videos is an interesting experience. I really recommend them to anyone, whether you are a fan of cleaning or not. She has some really great ideas and ways of cleaning that you probably hadn’t thought of.  I was teasing my friend about the fact that she rushed out to buy spray bottles so that she could get ‘hinching’ and just a few days later, there I was doing the same.  I now have a spray bottle filled with a mixture of fabric conditioner and water and another filled with Zoflora and water and they are brilliant.  Suddenly, I am cleaning walls and doors and spritzing my rugs, curtains and sofas and the house is definitely feeling fresher.

It is addictive too.  Suddenly I am looking around my house with fresh eyes and spotting things that need cleaning.  I have also been buying different cleaning products. Never will I be the owner of a ‘Narnia’ (Mrs Hinch’s cupboard of cleaning supplies) but I have quite a few different products now that Mrs Hinch recommends and some of them are really good. (I really do recommend Stardrops The Pink Stuff – that stuff is incredible!) She is so popular that some of her cleaning tools have sold out everywhere, such is the power of the ‘Hinch army’

It does make me chuckle that people use the hashtag #MrsHinchmademedoit, I wouldn’t go that far, she didn’t make me start cleaning and quite enjoy the process but she certainly had inspired me and I do enjoy her ‘Hinching’ videos and the ideas she gives every day.  If you haven’t seen her, go and take a look at her Instagram.

Mrs Hinch didn't make me do it but she helped

Summary
Mrs Hinch didn't make me do it but she helped
Article Name
Mrs Hinch didn't make me do it but she helped
Description
If you haven't seen Mrs Hinch on Instagram, you really should take a look as she is providing cleaning tips and inspiration for thousands of people every day
Author
Publisher Name
Stressy Mummy

1. October 17, 2018 / 10:23 pm

I haven’t been following her, but I have heard about it. I probable need too and get some enthusiasm to clean!

2. October 18, 2018 / 11:28 am

Well Mrs Hinch is a new one on me, as never heard of her. Any one who provides cleaning motivation though is welcomed lol xx

3. October 18, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I have no idea what all the fuss is about. I watched a minute of her stories and was bored, although if she wants to come and clean my house then she is more than welcome LOL

4. October 19, 2018 / 12:18 pm

I used to love cleaning but like you the more children I had the less I cleaned. I make sure the kid’s rooms are tidy and give the bathroom and kitchen a quick clean each day and try and keep the lounge tidy but that’s about it. However, seeing everyone cleaning and watching Mrs Hinch on insta I am starting to buy more cleaning products and clean more than I used to x

5. October 20, 2018 / 5:42 pm

I have heard about her but not actually seen any of her socials but hear some good things about her. I think it’s nice she inspired.
    Anosa recently posted…13 Must-Visit Places in EnglandMy Profile

6. October 23, 2018 / 12:07 am

Honestly she isnt for me and I find it a little worrying that society has popularised a woman cleaning especially when we have fought to be so much more than that. We all have to clean but it’s very much a 50/50 role in our house and it’s not really something I get excited about. If it helps people with their mental health or is there thing or makes them feel better then fair enough.

Laura x

7. October 29, 2018 / 2:10 pm

You sound just like me Nikki. I started watching her when she had about 200,000 followers, and I find her strangely addictive. I too have bought a few more cleaning products, and whilst I will never spend my days cleaning, I have been keeping on top of the bathrooms more, and spraying the carpets (which is something I have never done before lol). And yes I have a mini stash of Zoflora (ie 3 bottles !!!) x
    Tracey Williams recently posted…NCS – Our story and how your teen can be part of it next yearMy Profile

8. November 3, 2018 / 6:57 am

I’ve always hated cleaning, but like you I try to keep my house reasonably clean. I haven’t watched any of her videos, but I’ve seen people sharing huge quantities of cleaning products on Instagram. Maybe I should take a look just in case she inspires me!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Bring Me Back by B A ParisMy Profile

9. November 10, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Oh, I have to check her out! I was a bit of a slob before, but now you could call me a neat freak.

The game changer for me was when I got a Dyson stick vacuum for Christmas. I used to hate vacuuming, and I just let the dust accumulate. But suddenly I found myself vacuuming every day because the vacuum was always at hand and ready to go. I have to admit, that I got obsessed, but at least my apartment is clean!

I’m not sure Mrs. Hinch will do any good for my cleaning addiction, but maybe she can teach me a trick or two 😀